Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sweet potato shepherd's pie fc. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Classic Shepherds Pie is traditionally made with lamb. A great other option would be to use lean ground meat. But for our super healthy and leaner option, this healthy shepherd's pie recipe is made with lean ground turkey, peas, a variety of spices and then topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potatoes. This meal is specially made during St.
Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook sweet potato shepherd's pie fc using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC:
- Prepare 2 1/2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces
- Make ready 1/4 cup 1% milk
- Make ready 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Prepare 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Take 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- Get 2 medium carrots (finely diced)
- Prepare 2 ribs celery (finely diced)
- Make ready 1 small onion (finely diced)
- Prepare 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- Make ready 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Take 2 cup reduced sodium beef broth
- Make ready 1 packages frozen peas (10oz.)
- Make ready 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- Prepare 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
Or, you know, a piece of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a recipe you'll likely make again and again! We shared this recipe a few years back at the beginning of our blogging days.
Instructions to make Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC:
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine..
- preheat oven to 375..
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot.
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside.
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink.
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed.
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper.
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges.
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling.
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol
Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a recipe you'll likely make again and again! We shared this recipe a few years back at the beginning of our blogging days. It was a recipe I had created for a cooking class. Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. This sweet potato shepherd's pie recipe was inspired from my classic Shepherd's Pie.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sweet potato shepherd's pie fc recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!