Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherd’s pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes.
Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Shepherd’s Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd’s pie using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Make ready 3 carrots
- Get 1 onion
- Make ready 1 tbsp olive oil
- Get 500 g minced lamb
- Get Large splash Worcestershire sauce
- Take 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Get 2 low salt beef stock cubes
- Get 1 kg potatoes
- Get Large splash of milk
- Take Knob butter
- Take Pepper to season
Another explanation is that Cottage pie should be made with a topping of sliced potato like roof tiles and shepherd's pie is mash like a lambs fluffy wool. However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato.
Instructions to make Shepherd’s Pie:
- Slice carrots and onion and gently fry in olive oil for 5 minutes in a large pan
- Turn heat to maximum temperature and add the minced lamb
- Once lamb is browned stir in tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and fry for a few minutes
- Add 2 beef stock cubes to 500ml boiling water and add this to the pan
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 40 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and slice into small chunks and place into a saucepan
- Cover them with boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. When potatoes are soft, add milk and butter and mash them until creamy
- Place lamb mixture into ovenproof dish
- Place mash potato on top of the mixture and use a fork to spread evenly
- Bake for 20 minutes
Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. So, this is how you spell it: Shepherd's Pie.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food shepherd’s pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!