Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beef shepherds pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Beef Shepherds Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Beef Shepherds Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Add the onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, half the salt, and oregano. A rich, well-seasoned, nicely browned shepherd's pie is one of the world's great comfort food dishes. It's a simple meat stew, spread in a shallow baking dish, covered with mashed potatoes and baked until the whole thing is hot and bubbly, the top golden, crispy around the edges. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook beef shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Shepherds Pie:
- Prepare 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make ready 1 medium onion
- Prepare 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- Make ready 3 medium carrots, peeled & sliced
- Prepare 1 medium onion, diced
- Get 1 each celery, sliced
- Make ready 1/2 lb cremini mushrooms, quartered
- Make ready 2 clove garlic, minced
- Get 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- Make ready 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Get 1 lb ground beef
- Take 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- Get 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Take 1 freshly ground black pepper
- Take 4 cup mashed potatoes
- Make ready 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare 1 tsp kosher salt
That said, I made this version because it was fast and easy and I didn't have time for a more complicated recipe. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Shepherd's pie lamb, cottage pie beef.
Steps to make Beef Shepherds Pie:
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, half the salt and oregano. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook until paste has turned brick red, about 8 minutes more.
- Stir in ground beef, beef broth, remaining salt, worcestershire sauce and pepper. Break up any large clumps of meat and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to a 2 quart casserole dish and spread the mashed potatoes over the top, leaving a 1/4 boarder around the edge. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and dot with remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Bake until potatoes brown and juices are bubbling around the edge for about 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Shepherd's pie lamb, cottage pie beef. Another explanation is that Cottage pie should be made with a topping of sliced potato like roof tiles and shepherd's pie is mash like a lambs fluffy wool. Rich and flavorful beef shepherd's pie recipe, made easy in one skillet! Ground beef, tender vegetables, and fluffy mashed potatoes… what could be better!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food beef shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!