Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Scrub and pierce sweet potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. Drain and mash the potatoes, adding salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Yes, using boxed mashed potatoes would be easier, but trust me on this one, mashing the sweet potatoes by hand is so worth the few minutes of extra effort!
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes:
- Get Vegetables
- Take 1 onion
- Take 1 1/2 cup celery
- Prepare 1 cup fennel
- Take 1 medium tomato
- Take 1 small zucchini
- Get 1 packages mushrooms
- Make ready Meat
- Take 1 lb ground beef
- Take 1/2 lb sausage
- Make ready 6 1/2 oz can tomato paste
- Take Topping
- Prepare 2 medium sweet potatoes, mashed
But for our super healthy and leaner option, this healthy shepherd's pie recipe is made with lean ground turkey, peas, a variety of spices and then topped with a layer of fluffy mashed sweet potatoes. This meal is specially made during St. Patricks but can be enjoyed all year long! Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe.
Instructions to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion
- Season the meat mixture to taste
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together
Patricks but can be enjoyed all year long! Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a recipe you'll likely make again and again! We shared this recipe a few years back at the beginning of our blogging days. It was a recipe I had created for a cooking class.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!