Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherds pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Shepherds Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Shepherds Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have shepherds pie using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds Pie:
- Take 1 1/2 lb 85% ground beef
- Get 2 can 10 count each of buttermilk biscuits
- Take 1 10 oz bag of frozen veggies ( I used broccoli,carrot and cauliflower mix) thawed, drained and coarsely chopped
- Get 2 cup Beef gravy
- Make ready 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp onion powder
- Get 1 tsp salt
- Get 1/2 tsp pepper
- Prepare 3 cup prepared mashed potatoes
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Steps to make Shepherds Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350. Begin to brown ground beef.
- You will need 2 pie plates. In each pie plate press a tube of biscuits on bottom and up the sides. Make sure to press seams together well. Bake both biscuit covered pie plates in the oven for only 5 minutes.
- Drain ground beef. Remove pie plates and increase heat to 375.
- In a large pan add ground beef, Worcestershire, thawed out veggies,beef gravy,onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Simmer mixture for 10 minutes and add mixture into pie plates. You will have roughly 2 cups for each pie plate.
- Add 1 1/2 cups to each pie plate of the prepared mashed potatoes.Spread the potatoes over the meat mixture evenly.
- Place both pies on a heavy cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 min or until potatoes on top are golden brown.
Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream. Add salt and pepper; set aside.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!