Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to. Although it is called a pie it doesn't use any pastry and is so cheap, quick and easy to make, you'll enjoy making it!
Shepherds pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Shepherds pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds pie:
- Make ready 3 lb ground beef
- Take 5 lb idaho potatoes
- Get 1 large onion
- Get 1 large bellpepper
- Take 6 garlic cloves
- Make ready 1 milk
- Take 1 butter
- Get 1 can rotel
- Take 1 can sweet peas
- Take 1 can corn
- Take 2 cup shredded chedder cheese
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies).
Instructions to make Shepherds pie:
- 1st peel, clean, and either boil, or bake potatoes in microwave until done..
- Meanwhile cut onion, garlic, bellpepper, and saute until almost done drain add can of rotel, then add drained can of peas and mix with meat. Layer meat mixture in 9×13 baking dish I season with salt, pepper, garlic, and tons of chilli powder!!!!! And some tony seasoning.
- Open corn and layer over meat mixture. Meanwhile mash potatoes and add a little butter and milk, and mix unit blended. Add milk as you go to get the potatoes to the creamy texture you prefer. Season also with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic salt, and layer over corn. Spread cheese over top and bake 40 on 350º
Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. In a large bowl, mash potatoes with sour cream. Add salt and pepper; set aside.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!