Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, easy shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Easy Shepherds Pie is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Easy Shepherds Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
Cover with at least an inch of cold water. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. I was looking for a quick & easy Shepherd's Pie recipe and took a shot at this one.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy shepherds pie using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Shepherds Pie:
- Get 6 yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- Get 2 lb hamburger meat
- Prepare 1 can corn
- Make ready 1 envelope onion soup
- Make ready salt & pepper
- Get 1/2 stick butter
- Prepare 1/2 cup milk
- Take 1 cup water
I came up with this super easy shepherd's pie recipe because I have a lot of kids and not a lot of time so easy and fast are the way to go! This is a quick, and easy American twist on the traditional Irish shepherd's pie. This Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe has got your back! It has only FIVE simple ingredients and is constantly requested by my family of hungry boys.
Steps to make Easy Shepherds Pie:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Boil water for potatoes
- Cook potatoes until fork tender, about 15 minutes
- While potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger meat. Drain grease when done. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Once hamburger meat is done, add 1 cup of water and 1 envelope of onion soup. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked, mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- In a baking dish (glass or metal), layer hamburger meat, then corn, then potatoes on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the peaks on the mashed potatoes are browned.
This Easy Shepherd's Pie Recipe has got your back! It has only FIVE simple ingredients and is constantly requested by my family of hungry boys. Whenever I make this, my kids literally scream YAY out loud!! Full disclosure: I usually eat pretty healthy. Heat potatoes according to package directions.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food easy shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!