Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, bread pudding. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
This lightly spiced bread pudding is made with simple pantry items like bread, eggs, milk, and sugar. My family LOVES bread pudding, and this recipe is one that I have fine tuned to their taste. For this classic Bread Pudding, challah bread is soaked in a rich custard spiked with spiced rum and vanilla, and baked until golden.
Bread Pudding is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Bread Pudding is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook bread pudding using 30 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bread Pudding:
- Take A. Bread Pudding
- Prepare 8-10 slices bread (buttered)
- Get (Or use croissants, brioche etc)
- Get 60 g butter (melted)
- Make ready 3 eggs
- Make ready 1/4 brown sugar
- Get 1/4 white sugar
- Prepare 500 ml thickened cream
- Take (Or milk. We use whatever available but love thickened cream)
- Prepare B. Sauce
- Take 300 g milk (or use both cream & milk- anything available)
- Make ready 1-2 tbsp sugar/maple syrup
- Take 1 egg
- Take 1 tsp corn flour
- Take 1 tsp custard powder
- Prepare 1 tsp vanila extract
- Get Pinch nutmeg (opt)
- Take Note: Some using only egg yolks (4-5 yolks) and cream instead of milk for sauce. For this type of sauce, do not add flour for thickening
- Get It’s simpler but for that much of yolks i have to come up with another dish/recipe for the egg whites. Adjust & taste
- Take C. Optional Sauce Recipe (fr drive me hungry)
- Get 1/2 C milk
- Make ready 1/2 C half and half
- Prepare 3 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 4 large egg yolk
- Prepare 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Take Note: if half and half is not available - use 1 C of milk + 1 tbsp melted butter
- Take Cream sugar & egg yolk
- Take Heat milk to a slightly simmer. Ladle milk into egg yolk mixture slowly until finish & keep whisking in between additions
- Get spoon Return mixture to the pot & heat until sauce thickens & coats at the back of the
- Take Add vanilla once it cools
Like a dessert or brunch casserole made with overripe. This recipe is proof-positive that leftover bread can easily be converted to dessert without much work. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. Bread Pudding: Bread Pudding is a classic British Dessert, delicious hot or cold and fantastic with a drizzle of homemade custard.
Instructions to make Bread Pudding:
- A. For Bread pudding - prepare ingredients- melt butter. Put aside. Grease ramekins with butter. Prepare bread - use any type of bread available - white, brioche, croissants. For white bread, trim the edges & butter both sides. cut into preferred size. Place/arrange cut bread into greased ramekins. Keep aside. Layer with sultanas (optional / if available)
- Crack eggs, stir in sugar & melted butter until well mixed. Next, add thickened cream. Whisk until well combined. Using a fine sieve, Strain this mixture into another bowl. Then, Ladle this mixture over the bread in ramekins & place ramekins in a bain marie. Bake at 180°C for 20-25mins or until the bread is golden in colour & filling is slightly set. Note: Preheat oven to 180°C & prepare water bath/ bain marie before baking bread pudding.
- B. Sauce - crack egg & whisk in corn flour, custard powder & maple syrup or sugar until well combined. We use maple syrup. Anything available. Put aside. scald milk over medium heat (This is use to temper the egg). Turn off the heat.
- Ladle scalded milk into egg mixture slowly while whisking quickly until well combined. Ladle milk in batches. (Skipping this step, risking eggy sauce & curdled egg/sauce, so, avoid skipping this process). Return to the heat and keep whisking (over medium heat first then switch to low) until mixture thickened. Remove from the heat. Add vanilla extract once sauce is slightly cooled/warm.
- Serve bread pudding with sauce.
This is a very simple recipe, You don't need to be a good cook to get. Vegan Bread Pudding, Classic Bread Pudding, Skinny Bread Pudding. Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Microwave Bread Pudding Create Mindfully. An old-fashioned English bread and butter pudding that goes easy on the wallet. Day-old bread works best in this recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food bread pudding recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!